Highlights of the said bill, aside from giving a budget for the purchase of vaccines, are as follows:
1. Dog electrocution is prohibited
2. Reiteration of RA 8485's "prohibition of trade of dogs for meat"
3. Registration of all dogs
4. Discounted registration fee for spayed or neutered dogs (Dog population control).
5. Penalties for irresponsible pet owners
6. Agencies tasked to implement the anti-rabies program shall seek the assistance and participation of NGOs re: education, community mobilization
Thanks to volunteers, organizations and officials who lobbied for this bill, we are all gradually working towards educating more people about responsible pet ownership and eradicating rabies.